Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27th (Morning)

Suddenly the weather warmed up this weekend, and I rode into work in a warm 16° and sunshine! Crazy, when you consider just last week I was freeing my toes off at 2°!

The ride was really good. Physically, I felt really good. So obviously my extra ride this week hasn’t affected me yet, but I’ll withhold complete judgement from that ‘till this week is over entirely… Winking smile

I met up with Brian at Frolek’s gate (east side) this morning. I haven’t seen him on these trails in months, which I had assumed was just due to my new route that I’ve been taking. However, it turns out he had some back problems this summer which put him out for about 2-3 months! He also just had 2 weeks of vacation, so this was his first ride in a very long time. Guess that explains why I haven’t seen him in such a while! We rode together along Frolek’s road ‘till I split off to climb up to my single-track and he continued on. He is definitely not into riding fast, and tends to spin in the granny gear a lot! No biggie, I still made it to work in good time. But I for sure enjoy cranking out some better speeds here than granny gears will give me!!! Open-mouthed smile

I made this ride with NO STOPS again! That’s the third time now, I believe? I made the tricky section of single-track on Frolek’s land (not without some difficulty, but I managed to hold on and push through it). I also made the creek crossing, and the climb up the other side, so that was great!

I didn’t do much for sprinting this morning, just a bit at the beginning of Howe road. But if I feel this good coming home, I forsee some good sprinting today! Plus, Taryn has soccer tonight so I will probably have to hurry anyways to make it there in time. Hopefully I will have the energy to punch it!!! Smile with tongue out

No comments:

Post a Comment