Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30th (Morning)

I met another mountain bike commuter this morning, only this time it was a female biker! I saw her ahead of me on Qu’Appelle going through the round-about while I was riding past the park. I caught up to her on the hill and we talked a bit about where we commute from/to, and what not. However, I was a bit late this morning, so once we hit the trails, I had to get moving so I said good bye and rode off. It is great how fast and hard I can ride when I’m motivated to not let someone catch me! That Juniper stretch was pretty fast… Smile

Anyways, so what is that now? I’ve met Phil, Brian and now recently Jonathon. I’ve met another younger gentleman when I was coming down from Frolek’s upper road beside Rose Hill and he was going up (didn’t get his name, though). I also met one of the Dad’s of Taryn’s schoolmate (Darcy) who commutes on these trails (although I haven’t met him on the trails yet). And now this lady (also didn’t get her name). So my count is up to 6 commuters plus myself that at least ride from Juniper to Peterson’s Creek. I really wonder how many there are actually? It would be very interesting to just sit on the trail one morning for about an hour or so to see how many commuters ride the trails to work. Pretty impressive, Kamloops!

Well, once I got up to my single-track across Frolek’s land, I felt a bit tired. Mainly because I had pushed it so hard to make sure I stayed ahead of the lady I had met (although I never even saw her again, so she was a ways behind me). By the time I started my climb up from Peterson’s creek, I could feel myself slowing down a bit. However, in the end I had a record time of just under 59 minutes, so the speeds I got through Juniper were obviously pretty impressive! It was a fun ride, and my last morning ride now ‘till Tuesday as Monday is a holiday (BC Day here). Oh, but I can’t wear this shirt again that I did this morning, at least not on hot days. Rob bought be a soccer jersey when he was over in Europe or Israel or wherever his grand adventures have taken him. It is a really cool jersey, but never fit me (sorry, Rob, I was just too “round”!). Anyways, it now does fit me with the weight I’ve lost (Hot smile), so I’ve worn it a few times riding. This morning, though, the name and number on the back as well as the advertising logos on the front just stuck to me like glue and didn’t breathe at all… Made for a bit of a warm ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment