Friday, July 30, 2010

July 29th (Afternoon)

Another really good ride. Nothing new to really report, actually. My time was pretty good again. I did see two bikers riding/walking up the east side of the Peterson’s Creek valley, but didn’t see them after that. I didn’t get a good look, but I think the rider in front was Phil and if so, he typically takes a friend or colleague with him on Thursdays or Fridays and goes up to Upper PC and the Sticks and Bones trails. Maybe I’ll follow him up there one day, but typically our paths do not cross at the right time or the right place to do so!

Going down into Peterson’s Creek was good and fast again, and back up was about average. I couldn’t make it up the bank, and then up the east side of the valley climb, I only made it about 1/2 the distance I did yesterday. The single-track from there was good. I didn’t feel as good and fast as yesterday, but I didn’t feel too bad I guess. I got some pretty good speeds coming down to Frolek’s lower road, though, so that was good. I also have been able to maintain some really good paces through the corners on Frolek’s lower road too, which is making it fun and easier on the climbing out of each corner. The last hill at Rose Hill pipeline section was tough, and I didn’t quite make it up to the sandy section this time. However, the pipeline section through to Juniper was a blast, and I got some really good speeds through there. I also discovered that the bears hanging out in that area obviously found a rabbit to enjoy… The piles of berries, seeds and fur that they’ve left on the trail now are rather disgusting… Annoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment