Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30th (Afternoon)

Well, today was a short ride, and I mean real short!

I left work, cut up through the trailer park and was just heading down Howe when I heard a metal ping. I wasn’t sure what it was at first, as it didn’t sound the same as something popping up and hitting a rim or the frame. Then I thought about the spoke that Taboo had installed last weekend (that I didn’t think looked quite right) and wondered if maybe it had snapped again? I looked down, and the back wheel was doing quite the jig back there! I stopped, but the new spoke was fine. However, another spoke had snapped this time!

What is going on? This time the spoke snapped at the hub (last time it broke at the rim/nipple end). Are these spokes just that cheap? So, I called Corrie and then coasted on down to Tim Horton’s to wait for her. I didn’t want to go any further, as the wheel definitely didn’t feel right around corners and what not, and I figured the rest of the spokes might all start breaking! I guess I still need to loose more weight…Thinking smile Actually, these spokes do have just under 2000 kilometres on them already… And they’ve taken a lot of abuse to say the least!

Anyways, while I was waiting for Corrie, I snapped some pictures of the Kamloops valley and all the smoke that poured in today. Maybe its a good thing I didn’t ride today, it was a bit tough to even breathe at some points!

IMAG0124

Looking North out towards Rayleigh (although you can’t see it at all)

 

IMAG0126

Looking over at Mt. Paul and Mt. Peter. At least you can see them now, at lunch time you couldn’t even see that far!

 

IMAG0125

Looking a bit North-East out towards Harper. Juniper is on the right above the trees, but you wouldn’t know by this picture!\

 

Monday is a holiday, so I probably won’t be posting here again ‘till Tuesday (unless I go for a ride on Monday morning), so have a great long weekend for all of those that get one this week! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment