Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Enough already! I’m back… Again… Finally…

So I finally got back on the bike this morning and rode to work! It was pretty tough, really, as it has been about 2-1/2 MONTHS that I have missed! Ouch!

The overtime at work isn't really going away, I'm just needing to stop. I've been putting in way too many hours at work and I simply need to get away! I was starting at 7am and often going until 9pm day after day, and then throwing in 10 hour Saturdays too. Not fun. And frankly I'm sick of it. I'm sick of work, I'm sick and getting fatter every day, I'm sick of being grumpy and I'm very tired of not seeing my family!

So I'm saying enough already and I'm going to do what I enjoy doing again, riding!

Well, at least I remember enjoying it before... this morning's ride felt a lot like hard work! Hah! No, it was indeed fun. I picked up a new front wheel last week as mine was shot from me over tightening the axle too many times. And wouldn't you know it, but I still had to work to make it up the hills! ;) Seriously, though, the wheel was good but unless I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a new wheel, any noticeable difference will be somewhat negligible.

The trails were quiet and the weather was warm. Cloudy, yet sort of muggy actually. And weeds! Tons of weeds! It has been a wet spring and summer and it shows in the amazing overgrown trails! It was a constant "slap slap slap" on my legs the whole way! I'm really not looking forward to when these guys die and become hard and sharp... my legs are going to be rather ripped up in no time! Oh, and another side effect of all the rain is that Peterson's creek has been very high for a while. Its back to normal right now, but the West bank has eroded away and the creek IA no longer passable by riding through it (at least not at my current skill level, but you never know!). So that's not much fun, trying to hop across wet, slippery rocks with hard, plastic biking shoes!!!

And the work on the Tom Moore trail continues. They have added more railing and even built a wooden boardwalk over one of the sandier sections.

IMG181

Not that the upsets me, but I think it is a big waste of money. Did people really have that much difficulty getting through this section? I find that hard to believe! Why not build me a bridge over the creek at the bottom? Hah! The attached picture shows their current progress. That little drop was actually a bit tricky coming up with little to no momentum! My front wheel just dropped off like a rock and my bike just stopped dead.

Anyways hopefully I can continue riding from now until the snow flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment