Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22nd (Morning)

Another good ride with the new light. It is a bit crazy how every stick and bush suddenly becomes 2-3 times larger with the shadows it casts. As I came down the first section in Juniper, a stick with some branches on it was laying across the trail. And I mean a stick. Winking smile Like a little stick, easily bunny-hop-able (I’m making up words now), or even just ride over it. However, with the light, it seemed about the size of a small log, causing me to lock up the brakes, skid the tires and try to avoid this obvious death trap! Hah! Well, I guess when they say riding at night takes some getting used to, this is what they mean! Open-mouthed smile

Anyways, it was a very warm 9° this morning, which was great but at the same time a bit annoying as I’m decked out now for cool weather and am not ready for a sudden jump like this! I did shed the gloves and the jacket by about 1/2 the ride, and even my new skull cap and pants were getting a bit too warm…

Physically I felt really good this morning. I guess I’ve had my share of slow and lazy rides this week, it only makes sense that I should get a good one again. I had a great pace through Juniper and Rose Hill. Oh, on the bypass trail at the end of the pipeline section at Rose Hill, I came around a corner only to run smack through a HUGE, slimy pile of dog CRAP. Steaming madSteaming madSteaming madSteaming madSteaming mad Yes, it ticks me off to no end! PEOPLE, REMOVE YOUR DOG’S FREAKIN’ CRAP OFF THE TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that really too much to ask of you prissy “I’m too good for that” retards??? Yeah, I do NOT like having to clean THAT off of the wheels, frame, shoes, shorts, and wherever else it decides to get flung when it should be so easily removed by the dumb dog owners in the first place!!!

Ok, rant over. I’m better now! Winking smile I had to ride this morning with my old, yellow tinted sunglasses. Yesterday, coming home, I shoved my clear glasses into my jacket pocket and this morning they were not there! Maybe they fell out at home somewhere (although I looked), but more than likely they’re on the trail! Oops. However, with the light, the yellow tint was not too bad. They still fogged up pretty bad, but they were OK for light. I will have to see if I can pick up some more clear glasses this weekend.

I have to get to work now, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment