Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 22nd (Afternoon)

So, two rides home with my new rear tire (see October 20th (Afternoon)) and now two record setting times and average speeds. Wow, does the lesser rolling resistance really account for that much? To actually knock almost 3 minutes off of my 45 minute ride? I guess we’ll see if I’m consistently faster next week. If so, I’m going to have to run down and buy another one for the front, cause that’s awesome! Smile

The ride down to the creek was great. Fun, fast and the brakes weren’t too bad. The front brake is still dragging (noticeable on slow, uphill climbs), but it still grabs good. In fact, I took the pads out this weekend and they still have a lot of life left in them. So is it possible that I found a miracle pad? Longer lasting, quiet AND grabby? Seems unlikely that a pad containing all these characteristics would exist, but I think I found it!

The creek was still really high and I’m not sure why. Seems strange for a creek to increase by this much at this time of year. I could see maybe if it was high for a day or less that maybe it was a beaver dam that broke or something, but to last a day and a half (maybe more, I haven’t seen it since) is strange.

IMAG0248

How much longer can I blame the camera or lighting on blurry shots? Obviously I need some help here… Winking smile However, it still shows how high the creek really is right now. Check out this post to compare.

The rest of the ride was, well, fast. However, I didn’t do any standing or sprinting, but just felt fast on every section. The climbs where I typically stand, I managed good or better-than-average speeds and yet stayed seated. Again, I made a record distance (record by 6 inches or so at the most, but still a record) up the final hill at Rose Hill. I WILL beat this dumb hill SOON.

Anyways, it was a great ride and I hope to do some major overhaulling of the brakes and do some deep cleaning this weekend, so I’m looking forward to Monday’s ride already!

No comments:

Post a Comment