Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21st (Morning)

Wow, a very cold ride this morning! 4° makes me wishing for some much better riding gear all of a sudden. About 15 minutes into the ride and my legs and arms were finally warmed up and OK. My fingers and toes never warmed up, they only got colder… Sad smile I have the toe covers coming (on backorder) from MEC, which should be soon. However, the gloves I bought from MEC are even colder than the ones I already have! I guess that’s what I get for just going on reviews and online descriptions… Not that they’re a complete waste, because I will need new gloves next season I’m sure. But for now, what to wear? I might have to put on some actual winter gloves for now, and hope they have the grip I need for control. I’ll have to figure something out soon!

The ride was really good, however. I was wondering if I would be hurting this morning after the sprinting effort I had on my way home last night. However, I felt good and still had a pretty good ride. I did try to take it easier this morning so I don’t end up with another ride like last Friday morning where I felt dead! I did manage to make the section of single-track on the rocky/curve/dip (I really have no idea what to call that section), but then I completely failed the creek crossing. Not sure why, but two days in a row I suddenly have struggled to even make it into and through the creek, let alone the technical little climb up the bank. Luckily for me, the water is really low meaning that I can dab in the middle of the creek on dry ground!

As I said earlier, my order from MEC came last night. I now have a new bite valve (thank goodness) that even twists on and off. So, if this one also starts to leak like my last two, I can shut it right off. I also ordered a quick connect that I installed in the middle of the water tube. This will now allow me to quickly pull the water bag out of the pack without having to thread the tube through all the little hooks and loops so I can fill it easily. What a great little item! Hopefully it doesn’t start leaking… Smile with tongue out

Along with a couple of spare tubes, a patch kit and and a chain cleaner, I also got this taillight (the Radbot 1000). This thing is BRIGHT! Wow… With two flash modes and one steady mode, this thing will for sure help ensure that I am seen by motorists on dimly lit morning rides. According to some of the guys on the MTBR forums, it was one of the best lights I could’ve picked.

Biking_111

It doesn’t look too bad or dorky, but for it’s purpose it’s worth it obviously!

 

Biking_110

Obviously you can’t completely get the brightness from a photo, but this thing rocks! Corrie says it’s annoyingly bright, which I guess is a good thing for what I need it to do.

 

Now for my headlight. I do hope it comes soon! This morning’s ride was a bit on the dim side for a few minutes until the sun finally came out…

No comments:

Post a Comment