Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30th (Morning)

Everything has to come to an end, good or bad. Granted, bad times seem to last so much longer… Winking smile However, I’m back at work, refreshed and ready to put some good efforts into completing what I was doing, if I can remember what it is that I was doing about 2 and a half weeks ago… Hah!

This morning’s ride was cold! 10°C when I left the house, but sunny at least. I wore the jacket today, and only took the sleeves off about 1/2 way. I was wishing I had brought the gloves, is it really that time already? Even when I woke up, it seemed darker than usual… Ugghh… That’s not good, as I cannot afford a lighting system yet!!!

I felt a bit out of shape and even slightly off-balance on some sections, but overall I think the ride was pretty good. I haven’t been on these trails since about 2-1/2 weeks ago, so it was good to get out there again. I managed a record time of 59.5 minutes. I guess the bit of biking we did get in Yellowstone and the hours of hiking did help keep me on track. I checked this morning and I only gained about 1-1/2 pounds as well, so not too bad!

I was worreid about how the bike would run this morning. It has been sitting on the back of the truck for countless road miles on the bike rack, getting covered in water and road grime. I haven’t washed it for about 3 weeks now, and have only managed some light oiling and greasing once in Yellowstone and once last night. I did a VERY quick rear derailleur adjustment last night, and all things considered it ran pretty well this morning. The shifting wasn’t that great, but really I need to replace the housing (longer) to get that back on track anyways (which I should do this weekend I think). Other than that, it rode really well.

Anyways, off to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment