Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21st (Morning)

Happy Anniversary to me and my lovely wife! Smile Today marks our 9th anniversary, and we’re still going strong. 4 kids later, along with a massive mortgage and some debt, we’re still in love and I can’t imagine a life without her. Love you, babe!

Anyways, this morning’s ride was really good. A cool 16°, but the sun was bright and hot with no clouds. The hill going up from the lower Frolek’s road was a killer again (in fact, my legs hurt going down this hill let alone going up!), but I made it and I felt even stronger by the top than I have the last two times I’ve ridden this. I kept riding up to the single-track I had found a few days earlier, rather than going across the flat, logged out and wrecked section that I really didn’t enjoy… From there, it is beautiful, winding, up and down single-track all the way ‘till Summit drive! I took the long, steep hill down without stopping (my 2nd successful attempt) and it was good. I wouldn’t mind some better traction on the rear, but it is very loose there so I don’t think that’s going to happen. The brakes were solid, though, and I came down at a good, controlled pace (faster than the 1st time). I made it through the creek, but dabbed coming up and then almost made the climb up the first stretch of the Billy Minor South trail. Physically, I could’ve made it, but my control was lacking and I failed to keep the bike going straight… Sarcastic smile Oh well!

Going up Tom Moore was pretty good, but for the first time going up I couldn’t make the sandy sections. I tried valiantly, but lost all traction and just couldn’t keep up any momentum. As I dismounted, though, I looked up and noticed a huge, modern glass house over looking the valley. Kind of a neat looking place, and I can’t imagine the view they must have from their million dollar abode!

IMAG0098

This “house” looks more like an office building, but the view they must have would sure be something!

Anyways, the paved section up Summit, across Hugh Allan and up Howe was really a good stretch. In fact, I got to the top of Howe and it was only 7:32, which is about 5-10 minutes faster than I have done yet. So, I of course decided that there was no point in getting to work too early, so I took the fun, albeit somewhat indirect, trail that winds its way around the hill above the Costco and over into Pineview. It was a lot of fun again, but as I have only taken this once before, I had forgotten how much climbing there was! A good workout for sure, and worth every burning muscle I spent. I may even attempt this trail home some day?

No comments:

Post a Comment