Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 21st (Afternoon)

Well, it was a good ride. Temperature said 30°, but with the cloud cover it didn’t feel that warm. The ride down into Peterson’s Creek was good, I dabbed on the first sandy section on Tom Moore, but was able to continue on and made it through the rest of it and the next one. Again, I didn’t make it up out of the creek, and of course stopped on the climb back up out of the valley. However, the ride after that was pretty good and I felt like I had some good speeds.

Well, for the last month or more the flowers on the hills have been numerous and plenty. Daisies, Lilies even something called “Butter and Eggs” that I hadn’t heard of before.

ButterAndEggs

(Butter and Eggs, picture from www.bcadventure.com)

Anyways, I figured it would be neat once our anniversary came if I could bring home a handful of these flowers as a “these are the colours of my ride” type thing… Well, today I tried that. I had a little velcro strap, so any flowers I found I strapped them to my seat tube. Unfortunately, wildflower season appears to be over, as the flowers were suddenly few and far between! Oops… Well, I managed a small handful anyways.

But, in doing so, my ride took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes total time to get home and I stopped maybe 50 times… So, of course my stats are out of wack for this day, but whatever! In the end, it was still a good ride and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment