Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 14th (Afternoon) and June 15th (Morning)

June 14th (Afternoon)

I had to meet Corrie at HUB insurance down in Valleyview today. Therefore, I didn’t ride any trails (had to be there in a hurry) and instead just added a bit of air to the tires and cruised down the streets. I took the usual route of Hillside down to Notre Dame over to Columbia and along Columbia to Valleyview Road. It was fun, and I kept it in the big ring pretty much the entire time. The weather was overcast, with a bit of rain drops here and there but nothing really of substance as far as moisture goes. I pushed hard along Columbia on the flat section as well as on Valleyview road. As such, I was able to average a speed of 37.8km/h, so that was good. I wasn’t too tired, but I had managed to work up a bit of a sweat by the time I got to the insurance place.

 

June 15th (Morning)

Well, no riding today... Let me explain. :)

 

First of all, Taryn had a ballet exam today which Corrie wasn’t able to take the boys along with her (turns out the exam is next week, oops). Also, all the kids are sick and coughing. Finally, I was too tired. Sam Mendes called last night around 6pm saying he really needed a spare to play for his floor hockey team, the Penquins. Well, I have turned him down twice already so I decided to go and play. I played last year, and with two games a week then I do recall being tired and sore pretty much all week! It was a short season, only about 2 months, but it took the entire two months for me to actually get into shape enough so I could play an entire game.

 

Well, last night was a different story! Yes, it was exhausting, and I am paying for it today. But the game was awesome! I was even faster and I lasted longer than I remember from last year. In fact, even Sam commented on me not missing a beat. I had fun, and felt like I was even better than last year (even Corrie thought so), which probably comes from being able to concentrate more on the game then the fact that I was dying and out of breath... :)

 

Anyways, I got home and already knew that there were a lot of muscles that I hadn’t used in a long time, even with the biking. Obviously, biking and running in a game like floor hockey definitely make use of some different muscle groups. As such, this morning I was pretty sore! So, once Corrie was done with ballet, I just took the truck to work for the afternoon. Good thing, too, as it’s raining pretty hard out now... :) Supposed to be dry tomorrow though, but we’ll see how long that prediction lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment