Thursday, May 20, 2010

Progress

So, I decided to go through some of my comments and times I recorded on my biking spreadsheet from the last few months to see the progress. Kind of interesting!

 

Home to Lansdowne Village, March 15th (first morning ride): Time was a whopping 20 minutes, comment “Felt OK”... Hah! That’s as wordy as I got back then...

Work to Home via trails (first attempt), March 16th: Time was a nasty 70 minutes, comment “Harder than anticipated; Walked 2/3 up the east side of Peterson’s creek...”

Rogers Way to Work, March 31st: Time was again a whopping 20 minutes, comment “Still haven’t conquered the Hugh Allan hill yet... down to only one 3 minute stop!”

 

Rogers Way to Work, April 5th: Tim was a decent 14 minutes, comment “...middle ring 3/4’s of the way up Hugh Allan hill (lowest was 1:2 combo), record time and first successful climb to the top!”

Work to Home via trails, April 8th: Time was a decent 47 minutes, comment “8 stops up Peterson’s this time and 2 at Rose Hill still... walked less...(closer the 1/2 the way)...missed 2-1/2 switchbacks instead of 4 finally, the ‘1/2’ being that I put my foot down on one”

Home to Lansdowne, April 21st: Time was 15 minutes, comment “Feeling ‘unmotivated’ suddenly, although my ride was OK, it was just average... I didn’t work up much effort at the top of Juniper and it shows by the top and average speeds”

Work to Home via trails, April 22nd: Time was 32 minutes due to being cut short by a wrecked derailleur, comment “Ride was pretty good, except the end! I hit a log... tried to bunny hop it... bent my derailleur. Bah! So I’m now down for tomorrow!”

 

Home to Lansdowne via trails and streets, May 3rd: Time 18.5 minutes, comment “Coming out of Juniper the trails were really fast (almost too fast as I slid out on one corner...)”

Work to Home via trails, May 3rd: Time was a good 43.5 minutes, comment “I made ALL the switchbacks down into Peterson’s creek for the first time! Still 4 stops going up, but I’m closer to 1/4 walking now.”

TRU to work, May 10th: Time was a great 25.5 minutes (yet to be beat), comment “First day with new SPD shoes/pedals! ...they were obviously a success... the speeds on climbing we better/easier for sure.”

Work to Home via trails, May 13th: Time was 44 minutes, comment “Down into Peterson’s creek was tough (trail was very ripped up...)... Felt pretty good today, so maybe what I eat really is making a big difference.”

Home to Lansdowne via streets, May 20th (today): Time was a record 12.75 minutes, comment “Wow, what a good ride!”

 

Kind of cool to see the progress, from not making it up Hugh Allan to cutting my stops up Peterson’s creek from 8 to now 4. Pretty cool to look back at stuff like this, so I’m glad I’ve been keeping records. Anyways, time to work!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment