Friday, May 21, 2010

May 20th (Afternoon) and May 21st (Morning)

May 20th (Afternoon)
·         Fluids Intake
o   Morning: 1 bottle of Gatorade, 1 bottle of water, 1 cup of coffee
o   Afternoon: 2 bottles of water
·         Food Intake
o   Morning: 2 pieces of white toast with butter and peanut butter, 1 tapioca pudding
o   Afternoon: Roast beef dinner with potatoes and peas, 2 lemon cookies, 1 orange

No ride today again.

I met Corrie instead just down at McDonald’s and we ran some errands at Rona and then out on Westsyde. I am on the tail end of the cold, so I figured it would still be good to be taking it easy this week as per my original plan. Next week I’ll be back at it full time again.

May 21st (Morning)
·         Fluids Intake
o   Evening Before: 1 glass of milk, 1 glass of water
o   Morning Of: Nothing
·         Food Intake
o   Evening Before: 5 thin pancakes with butter, peanut butter and syrup, 1 piece of chocolate cake with icing
o   Morning Of: Nothing

Another really good ride this morning! I was again in the big ring the entire way from Vicars to Lansdowne, and only felt like shifting down maybe once. The road biker I was trying to chase yesterday morning actually caught me this morning. I’m not sure when, because I didn’t see him when I looked behind me all the way ‘till where we split ways, and at the last hill, I glanced behind me to see if I could move into the lane and he was pretty close! Someday maybe I’ll give him a run for his money, but I doubt that will happen any time soon! I’ve seen him bike in the biggest gear up the hospital drive! Yikes...

I took the bus one last time up to Roger’s Way again. I felt really good up Hugh Allan today again, and got the same 11.5 minutes that I did yesterday (which was a record time yesterday) so that’s pretty cool. I should see if cutting over from Hillside to Hugh Allan on my route from TRU is a better way than going all the way up through Dufferin?

This coming Monday is Victoria day, so not work. I’m thinking about heading out and trying some new trails down out of Juniper. I’ve seen a trail head about 1/2 way between Juniper and Rose Hill that I’d like to explore. It looks like it would meet up with the same fast, double-track I take already, so that would be cool. And it would mean I’d get to ride the fun pipeline trail for a bit each morning too. If Corrie’s up to a decent hike, maybe we’ll try hiking over Mt Dufferin from the Home Depot entrance into Kenna Cartwright and see what kind of trails might be there for me to ride instead of the streets from TRU. Anyways, should be a good weekend! Hopefully we’ll get some good weather (it’s supposed to be warm and sunny as of today, but that seems to change often).

No comments:

Post a Comment