Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 14th (Aft) and April 15th (Morning)

April 14th (Afternoon)
Today was Taryn's first soccer practice! Corrie got here signed up in the 'big leagues' this year, so we're excited for her. They provide her with a jersey, shorts and socks so the team looks like a real team! And two of the girls Taryn already goes to school with, and another one she took ballet with, so Taryn was very excited!

Anyways, her soccer practice as at 5:30 in Valleyview (Marian school or something like that). So, as I still am trying to work 'till 5pm this week to make up for as much time as I can due to Levi being in the hospital, I took the streets all the way there (same as yesterday, Hillside to Notre Dame to Columbia which eventually runs into Valleyview which takes me right to the school).

The ride was, of course, fun and fast as is every street ride going in the 'down' direction around here! Top speed of 70kmh and an average of 32.5kmh. The distance was 14kms and I did it in 26 minutes. Once I hit downtown, it's then  basically flat, sort of rolling. So it is a workout still trying to keep the pace up. Especially at the end of Columbia where there is no bike lane! So if I just dawdle, I hold up traffic and I really don't feel like getting tangled up with an angry motorist... I think I know who would probably win... But, all in all the ride was really good and I still had enough energy to kick the ball around with Levi and Graedy while Taryn practiced, so that was good!

April 15th (Morning)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER ROB!!!

Yes, today is my big brother Rob's birthday, my one and only follower on this blog! Hah! Anyways, I hope your day is great! What's it feel like to be so old now???

Well, this morning's ride was my best yet! Record average speed of 22.1kmh (previous best on this route was 21.1kmh), record top speed of 75kmh (previous best on this route was 71kmh), fastest time to Lansdown of 15min (previous best was 15.5min) and fastest time to work at 13min (previous best was 13.5min). And, to top that all off, I made the entire Hugh Allan hill in the MIDDLE ring! I guess I know what that means! If I can do that again a few more times, I'm not getting enough of a workout! Hah! So I guess I'll be starting farther down the hill soon... :)

As for the 75kmh down the Juniper hill, I have no idea what I did differently to get the extra 4kmh's that I just couldn't get before. I've tried, and just could not get more than 71kmh. My seat was higher today, that might've been something. There was very little wind, and if anything it was against me so that wasn't a help. There was a little SUV that passed me right when I hit 55kmh, so maybe I was pulled a tiny bit right then, just enough to get the speed higher? Anyways, I'll have to see over the next few rides if this was just fluke or not...

Ok, I've gotta get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment