Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12th - Morning

This morning was a great ride. A little bit cold coming down Juniper's hill (1° at 70kph is chilly!), but overall it was beautiful. The sun was out and by the time I got to work, I was actually getting to the point where I can see myself riding without my jacket soon!

I rested the weekend and I think that was a really good choice as I felt really good this morning. The ride to Lansdowne where I pick up the bus was good, but not amazing. I could've gone faster I think, but my legs were not quite ready yet I don't think. My speeds and time were on par with my other rides along this stretch to date.

However, the ride up Hugh Allan to work was my best time and speed yet. I kept it in the middle ring for 3/4's of the Hugh Allan hill (eventually dropping to 1:2 combo for the last steep section) and get a combo of 2:1 going up Kryczka (which is a first, usually I've been in the granny gear on this section). I shaved a minute off of this portion, which is cool. Hopefully that time will keep dropping, and those gears will keep rising!

For post workout nutrition, I had my usual bottle of Gatorade and peanut butter toast! I'm still feeling pretty good, so I really do think the weekend rest was a good idea. It is interesting, though, that my muscles don't get sore during the week, because I'm continually riding, but by Sunday after resting a day, they were quite sore and stiff!

Progress is being made, even if just a little, so that is encouraging. I am thinking that if I can start conquering the Hugh Allan hill consistently, and even if I can eventually do it in the middle ring, I will start getting off the bus sooner. Not sure yet where, maybe just at the other end of Rogers Way for now, but soon from TRU? Eventually, I'd like to ride the entire way from home, so I need to keep pushing these little goals a little at a time. If I can make the Hugh Allan hill consistently this week, maybe by Monday I'll start from the other end of Rogers Way.

Ok, 'till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment