Saturday, September 17, 2011

I love Kijiji… and my wife! :)

Corrie found a killer deal on Kijiji the other day. A (used) Manitou Splice fork (130mm of travel!) and an Alexrim front disc wheel for $50… $50!!!! A $300 fork and a $100 wheel, crazy! Of course I jumped all over that deal. And, just to add as a bonus to this deal, the head tube was the perfect size to make the swap over to my bike a breeze… Other than the $5 I had to give the bike shop to swap the bearing race over for me.

IMG370

My new Manitou Splice! Very happy… Smile

IMG371

Not sure how much the extra front height will affect the handling, but I can’t wait to find out!

The Splice is a decent fork, not a top end but MUCH better than my heavy coil spring RST fork I had. This one is an air/oil fork, which is lighter and the response is pretty sweet. I can’t wait to hit the trails and find out how much of a difference this thing makes. The rim is hanging up in the basement (my front rim is a good one, and still pretty new, so I’m happy with it for now. I might be able to put the rim and the old fork on my old Balance frame (from my bike I bought in high school) and sell them together. Or, maybe start finding more deals on Kijiji to build a THIRD bike… Hmmm… Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment