Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15th (Morning)

It was a neat morning, as the fog had rolled into the valley, but not quite high enough to hit my trails. As such, it was like I was riding above the clouds, and it looked pretty neat! Most of it had burned off to just a light fog by about 1/2 my ride, but it was cool for sure.

The trails were a bit wet, and it was supposedly 0° but it sure felt warmer this morning. I did have to use my light for the first 15 minutes, so it won’t be long before it’s fully dark in both directions! I ended up unzipping my jacket, ditching the bandana around my neck and swapping out my gloves by the time I got across Peterson’s Creek it felt that warm.

The ride was pretty good. I felt a bit nasty from waaaaay too much chips, dip, cupcakes, pop and pizza yesterday! We spent the afternoon at Dave and Esther’s (along with Andrew and Sara) watching the CFL semi-finals (Rider’s beat BC 41-38 in OT, it was a GREAT game!) As such, I didn’t feel that great this morning at first, but thankfully my legs were still good and managed to pump out a decent time of 56.5 minutes! Nothing record breaking, but a bit better than average I think. However, not having my granny cog on the back any more (too worn, the chain just won’t stay any more!) made for a tough ride in. I bet I used that gear for close to 1/2 the entire ride, and so I was for sure missing those extra few teeth that made the climbs just a tad bit easier! Winking smile If I don’t replace this drivetrain soon, it won’t be long before I’m sitting on the 3rd cog down… Surprised smile

I wiped my glasses as I left the house and I think that was a mistake as I must’ve wiped away whatever coating I had managed that kept the fog down to a minimum. This morning, every time my speeds got below 15km/h they would start fogging over. Annoying! I’ll have to see if we have any anti-fog wipes here at work for the ride home. All I do is wash them with dish soap, and that seems to work really well as a anti-fog coating, but I guess it easily wipes off too! Or maybe it was just the foggy, wet morning.

Aberdeen and Pineview were actually icy/frosty on the streets. Not nice!!! Disappointed smile The trail between the trailer park and Pineview was fine, but as soon as I hit the streets it looked a bit iffy to say the least. Nonetheless, I took the turn off of Copperhead onto Kryczka MUCH slower than normal… Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment