Thursday, October 21, 2010

Radar Speed Sign

I keep forgetting to post about this, so I’ll just throw in a quick post for it alone (I know, I’m a dork! Winking smile).

On Tuesday, the city put up a portable Radar speed sign on Summit drive, just by the Baptist church as I come over the top of the final climb. There was a car in front of me, but no one else around. So, once the car past the sign, I watched the sign, and sure enough, it picked me up! Surprised smile Hah!

I increased my speed coming down the hill, and then decreased it and the sign updated accordingly, cool! The good thing is that I compared the sign number to my computer and my computer is bang on, sweet! So now I know that I can trust the speeds my computer gives me.

Anyways, not an earth-shattering story by any means, but I thought it was cool nonetheless. I never did get going over the speed limit, so it didn’t flash at me to tell me to slow down… I hit 49km/h by the time I past it, and the speed limit there is 50km/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment