Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 22nd (Afternoon)

Bad ride, bad!!! No cookie!!!

Yep, this was one of my infamous, can’t-see-it-comin’ bad rides. I felt slow, heavy, lazy. My legs seemed to hurt on every little incline… And this is my way home, which is 75% downhill!!!

Anyways, enough of the dramatics. The ride was a pretty lousy effort. Enough to make me a bit grumpy in the evening (oops, sorry family). I did, however, finally make it through Peterson’s Creek and over the first root, only to NOT make the steep climb right after that… Hopefully the stars will soon align and I can make BOTH of these sections soon! Smile with tongue out

I decided to take the “easy” bypass trail rather than the straight, steep climb out of the valley, but even that effort landed me about 20 feet short of the usual distance. Arrggg… Steaming mad And as I came up to the rock wall at the top, I completely bailed, didn’t even attempt it! With the ride going like it was already, I did not have the confidence to make it and chickened out.

The entire ride was tough. The climbs across the Rose Hill pipeline section were tough, and the sections through the Juniper trails where I’ve been cranking out the big gear combos I sat and spun lazily. I guess a day like this is bound to happen with this much riding, but I did NOT enjoy it at all. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment