Friday, August 6, 2010

Charts

Here’s some charts I made today of the data I have been tracking. They are very general (per month averages) for the most part, but I do notice some interesting trends.

Weight Loss to Date:

image

This line should always go down, I hope! As you can see, in March I made little progress (loss of 2lbs) and in July as well (another loss of 2lbs). However, generally the weight is going down steadily. In fact, I checked this morning and I’m down to 223.8, so in just the first week of August I’ve already doubled the weight loss of July! Not sure what’s going on there… Confused smile

 

Distance Ridden per Month

image

This one is neat, I think. I did not have my computer in March, so I don’t have any data for that month. But from April on, you can see the gradual increase in kilometres ridden (for a total of 1790.8). June I had a week of illness where I drove or missed work, and it shows by a sudden dip on the graph. My computer actually says a total of 1873, so I’m missing about 80km’s somewhere… Some of that would be in March, some of it on rides I didn’t record on this spreadsheet.

 

Average and Maximum Speeds (both averaged per Month)

image

Hmmm…. Speeds are going down as the months progress? At first, I wasn’t sure about this. But then I realized that as I discovered more and more trails, and rode less and less streets, my speeds did indeed decrease. The highest speeds I can record (anything over 50km/h) are on streets. Such as when I used to ride down Juniper hill to the bus. I’d get 75km/h down that hill! Or, when I would ride to the Billy Minor North trails, I’d get 70km/h on both the Hugh Allan hill as well as the Springhill one. Now that I am not riding those streets, I’m not getting those speeds. This also, obviously, would affect my average speeds as well. Now the real test will be when I chart this data in the fall, after having ridden the trails I’m on now for a few months. Do my speeds increase then?

No comments:

Post a Comment