Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9th (Morning)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! I hope you have a great day, and wish we were there to share it with you.

Well, welcome back great Monday morning rides!!! Today was a really good ride. A great time, good speeds and I felt good. I used to have some of my best rides on Mondays, but lately Mondays haven’t seemed any better ‘till today. I knew right away it was going to be good, and the bike was so nicely tuned and clean. The shifting was amazingly crisp and fast and quiet! As I rode up the first little climb on the Juniper trail I was in 8th gear at the back, so I cranked up to the big ring for the downhill and was able to really get moving down the first stretch. I haven’t hit the big ring while on the trails yet! So that was cool for sure.

The only complaint I had with the bike was that the brakes weren’t even. The rear brake connected much sooner through the lever pull than the front, meaning I tended to grab much more rear power before the front would kick in. Other than that, it was really good.

The climb up from Peterson’s Creek was OK. I was way off balance on the boardwalk section on the Tom Moore trail for some reason, and ended up grabbing onto the railing for most of the climb over it. I also ended up dabbing on the upper sandy section, which is the tougher one of the two going up. However, physically the ride felt pretty good. My left knee bothered me worse than usual today, which I think basically means I wasn’t pulling enough with each pedal stroke during the climbs. Gotta work harder on that

No comments:

Post a Comment