Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10th (Morning)

More rain last night! This morning was actually a chilly 14°, I even wore my long sleeved jersey this morning…Surprised smile
Upon arriving home last night, I hosed the bike down and even hosed my shoes off. As such, my shoes were nicely cold and wet this morning when I put them on… Confused smile Nothing like starting a ride with wet shoes!
On the flip side, I did re-adjust the rear derailleur last night and oiled the chain again, so everything was working nice and smooth again this morning. It wasn’t raining, but the roads were pretty wet so I did get a lot of spray up in the face on the streets. And, of course, any weeds, grass or trees hanging over the trails were soaking, so by the time I got to work I was pretty wet again…
It was a really good ride, though. Again, I found myself in the big ring coming down the main Juniper trail so that was fun. Some of my favourite pictures of mountain biking when I was in high school were of John Tomac cranking out a race in the big ring… Man that guy could push gears!

John Tomac in his glory days... These were my high school heroes! I actually did get his autograph once, but I have no idea what I ever did with it... All I really remember was how small he was... :)

The Peterson’s Creek crossing was good, a few rocks moved around into different locations, and I almost made the climb up the west bank which was cool!
Corrie and I may be heading to Saskatchewan for Grandma Mansuy’s funeral. As such, I’m not sure when I will be riding next, but hopefully I can maybe take the bike with me and get some rides in while I’m out there. At least keep the exercise up so I don’t lose a week…

No comments:

Post a Comment