Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28th (Morning)

June 28th (Morning)
Well, after a full week off, I finally got on the bike again this morning. I missed it for sure! It’s funny how I often dread the ride (although once riding it’s OK), but when I don’t ride I do actually miss it for sure. Anyways, I came down with a nasty virus last week that made me miss two days of work and a full week of biking. I’m still not over it yet, although now it is just a cough. Riding this morning wasn’t great due to this virus now hanging in my chest. My breathing was tougher, and my chest felt a bit tight. My legs felt OK, but I just didn’t have the lung power to make the hills at my normal pace. Granted, I did make the one tough hill at the Rose Hill pipeline section that I have often missed, so that was good! Unfortunately, I missed the hill just before that due to a fallen tree across my path... :(

No bunny hopping over this 'log'! :) Hopefully I can get someone with a chainsaw to help me clean this up this week...


I ended up walking pretty much the entire way up Peterson’s creek, and even that was quite tough. But after that, the paved stretch up Springhill and Hugh Allan were par for the course. I felt not bad, as long as I could breathe. Funny how that works... Hopefully my ride home will be a bit better. It’s cloudy today, and I think they’re calling for a bit of rain. Of course it is! I’m riding again! It was nice and sunny all last week when I was sick, so why not bring the rain back now that I’m back on the bike??? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment