Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17th (Morning)

May 17th (Morning)
happy birthday to my wonderful wife!!!! I hope your day is OK with all 4 rugrats running amock there... :)

·         Fluids Intake:
o   Evening Before: 3 glasses of juice, 2 glasses of water, 1 glass of milk (yep, it was warm and I was thirsty!)
o   Morning Of: Nothing
·         Food Intake:
o   Evening Before: 2-1/2 hot dogs with mayo, ketchup and relish, assorted fruit slices, 1 toasted English muffin with butter and peanut butter

Well, I have once again developed a cold. Thankfully, so far, it is just a head cold. I checked back, and my last flu/cold ended on March 26th. That means 1-1/2 months of health and now another cold? ARRRGGG!!! I was hoping that riding was going to help boost my immune system! Maybe it is, and that’s why this cold is nothing too major yet? Anyways, I was being extremely religious about sanitizing and washing my hands like there was no tomorrow. I did, however, slack off in the vitamin department as those dumb things kept making me sick unless I took them instantly with food, which I often forgot. Of course, I took one this morning now...

Anyways, my ride this morning was light. I decided to still ride (don’t really have much of a choice at this point if I expect to get to work on time). I figure I’ll take it easy this week, though, and try to let my body fight this latest infection. So, I rode paved streets all the way to Lansdowne. The trails don’t add too much extra strenuous work, but I’m going to just cut back as much as I can. I still rode pretty good to Lansdowne, even though I was concentrating on “spinning” lightly instead of hammering. I still kept the chain on the big ring for most of the ride, though, from Vicars street to the bus stop. It was a fun ride, but I really didn’t even break into much of a sweat. I tried to drink more water than I normally would as well. The downside, this morning, was that my computer wouldn't work? Not sure what I did while cleaning, but somehow the magnet isn't tripping the receiver anymore. Maybe I need another one of Taryn's hair clips to move the receiver closer to the wheel again... :) I'll have to try and fix this tonight, I can't seem to live without knowing my speed!

I then rode the bus all the way today, like I used to do, and got off at Roger’s Way and Hugh Allan again. The Hugh Allan hill used to be such a killer, but now this is my “light” ride? :) Granted, the idea of a “light” ride in Kamloops is an odd one for sure. Basically, it’s just “which hills are shorter or less steep?” Anyways, the ride up the Hugh Allan hill was pretty fun. I was thinking about the first couple of times I rode the hill... Back when my 16 month old son was in better physical shape than I was... I had it in the granny gear from the get go, and walked half the hill. My goodness, what a wuss!!! :) This morning, I was spinning lightly in 2:2 and 2:3 combo all the way up ‘till the last steep section where I dropped it down to 2:1. That stretch still burned a bit as it is pretty steep, but I still only broke into a sweat at the top. I pulled into work hardly even breathing hard, hah! So, yeah, my “light” ride this morning was a success for sure in that regard.

Now, going home is another story. I think the Juniper hill will be lighter than the trails, so I’m pretty sure I’ll take the paved streets home.

Ok, I’ve gotta go, this vitamin is starting to make me sick again... >(

No comments:

Post a Comment