Monday, April 19, 2010

Peterson's Creek Trail Ratings

So we hiked around the bottom of Peterson’s creek this weekend as a family (with the dogs of course). Just along the bottom (there’s an entrance right from downtown), so nothing too hard. But I did stop and look at the map of the canyon and all the trails. Well, they had a rating system. Easy, Medium, Difficult, Very Difficult and Extremely Difficult. Well, my trails up and down were rated as “Very Difficult”... Yeah, no doubt!!! :) Glad to know that!

 

Anyways, it’s too bad that Kamloops doesn’t have this map online, as I’d like to check out where some of the other trails are. But, I guess I can always stop at the entrance and check things out. Maybe this summer when I’m in better shape and can ride on the weekends too I’ll test some of them out!

 

Actually, I was even thinking about riding trails from Juniper to Peterson’s creek, and then down to the Lansdowne bus stop. I’d probably have to leave about 20 minutes earlier, but could be fun to come the other way for once. Plus, it would be a fun chance to ride down into the canyon and not have to come back up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment