Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 27th (Aft) and April 28th (Morning)

April 27th (Afternoon)

As it is Tuesday, today was dog obedience class again so it is my “freebie” ride home as I get to ride downhill 90% of the way to the park. It was fun, but the winds were at it again. I managed to draft behind a semi truck for most of the flat section on Notre Dame, and the rest is steep downhills so the wind isn’t much of a factor as I’m usually tapping the brakes anyways trying not to run into the cars who are being good drivers and abiding by the speed limit laws... :) From downtown (Lansdowne street intersection all the way to the park), traffic was backed up at a standstill, so it was nice to be on a bike for sure! I was able to pass all the cars standing still and make it to the park in the same time in the end. Sweet! I waited for Corrie to come for about 5 minutes, so I just rode back and forth through the parking lot practicing bunny hops over speed bumps. Someone told me this skill might come in handy some day...

 

April 28th (Morning)

Well, no rain this morning but a chilly 6°. The trails were great again, this time I managed to stay on the trail... :) Anyways, my time was 1/2 a minute longer to the bus stop than yesterday, but I’m not sure why as I felt really good and, again, was in the 3:8 combo most of the way. And I felt pretty fast coming out of the trials at the last downhill section. But, the computer doesn’t lie!

 

From TRU to work I felt very tired today, worse than yesterday. Today I felt even lazy. I ended up hitting the granny gear going up Hillside. And my time was a minute longer than before, and my average speed was 1 km/h slower. I have been watching a trail that follows Hillside drive all the way up to the mall, so I think I’ll try that sometime soon. I doubt it will be easier really in the end, but I just like dirt better... :)

 

Corrie’s Mom and sister are coming this morning to help with the baby whenever he/she decides to make its grand entrance, so I hope the flights are good! It’s supposed to snow in Calgary today, so hopefully they leave the snow there. I really would rather not to have to ride through that again... :(

 

No comments:

Post a Comment