Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26th (Morning)

April 26th (Morning)
This morning I took the trail network out of Juniper West. It was a blast! I even tried a slightly different path this morning which turned out to be some very tight and technical single-track, and it was pretty sweet! The rest of the trails down were basically double track. Very fast, so once I get more familiar with the terrain this is going to be a great wake up call for me in the mornings! The only issue I thought of this morning was that this is next to the dump and who visits dumps? Bears! Haha! Guess I should look into some bear spray?

These trails only ended up adding an extra 5 minutes to my ride at the most. I had budgeted for 10, so I was a bit early for the bus and started getting rather cold sitting and waiting all sweaty... :)

I got off the bus at TRU again. Stayed in the middle ring the whole way up! All in all I felt pretty good this morning, considering the ride up Juniper’s hill yesterday. Obviously, with that ride, I didn’t have my typical Monday morning speeds. It was 48 minutes of riding this morning. Compare that to my 42-46 minutes of afternoon riding and I’m getting a good hour and a half of riding time in each day, so that’s awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment